The Referral Process
It is our hope that together, we continue to integrate services by strengthening the diversity of our community and by enhancing the quality of life for everyone. We ourselves are life-long learners, and are dedicated to meeting the diverse needs of families.
The Chıldınü Oxford Service is accessed through the following process:
- Chıldınü Oxford receives a referral from the Family or Community Agency with consent;
- Chıldınü Oxford Supervisor and/or Resource Consultant will meet with the family to share information about the Chıldınü Oxford service, and discuss whether the services are appropriate at this time;
- Authorization for Sharing of Information is completed and signed by the Parent/Guardian;
- Families will be included in the planning of desired outcomes for their child. The Resource Consultants will work collaboratively with the family and associated team members (i.e. licensed Child Care Centres, licensed School Age Programs, licensed Home Child Care, licensed Camps, authorized Recreational Programs, and community partners) to create a family centred, strength-based Individualized Support Plan;
- Follow-up and review of the Individualized Support Plan will occur every 6 – 12 months, or as required;
- Chıldınü Oxford is supportive of the family during the time of transitions. We recognize transitions can occur within the dynamics of the family, as a child travels within an early learning environment (such as moving from an infant setting, to a toddler setting, to preschool and then to School Age), as well as, when engaging in community activities.